In class, we discussed how media has portrayed cavemen. Using what we have learned in class, how did your opinion change?
Support your answer and use complete sentences. 15 points extra credit. Remember, my grade book closed FRIDAY, October 21st at midnight.
After we discussed cavemen in calss, my opinion of them changed a lot. Lots of people think that they were really dumb. Cavemen actually figured out how to make fire and hunt for food. I was one of those people who thought they were not so smart until we read about them and what they did in class. Without them, a part of us wouldn't even be here today. If it weren't for them, many people probably wouldn't even know how to hunt or make fire, like the cavemen did. My opinion changed a lot after we read about them in class because I didn't know they figured out all that stuff that helped them survive.
ReplyDeleteSusie P2
I thought that cave men were really dumb. now i know that tey invented fire.The also used their own type of speech. now i know that they are really smart.
ReplyDeleteLandon, they also learned how to hunt for food.
ReplyDeleteSusieP2
My opinion changed because I thought that cave man were dumb. But now I think that there realy smart and they created fire by rubbing sticks and tapping stones together. They also had to get there own food in the wild. But now I know that they were smart survied by there comon sense.
ReplyDeleteI really thought that cave men were the most stupid people on earth.But what from I read cave men were very smart they invented fire and knew how to hunt.Also they used every part of an animal by using their skins for warmth,meat for eating and claws for huting.I was impressed by the cave men and how they survied.
ReplyDelete-Zoe D.
before we talked about caveman i thout they were the stuiped but as we talked about it it came clear to me that they were pretty smart the invented fire and the hunted aniamls they use every thing on the aniamls skin for warmth and the meat as well as food the made hunting tools out of stone or the aniamls claws.
ReplyDelete-jake s p5
i thought caveman were called cave man because they had no brain, but after we read the chapter i realized that cavemen created fire by playing/rubbing stones together. They also made a spear for hunting to get more meat and clothing. this is why cavemen are smart
ReplyDelete-Jack Period2
I thougth caveman were really dumb because I thought they didnt know how to do things but after learning about them they turn out to be smart. They invented fire,taking fur from animals and making clothes,they hunted for food.
ReplyDeleteWe wouldn't have this kind of things today.
ND P2
@Susie- Great work. You repeated your self a bit, but overall nice job! 13 points. Also, great work with your complete sentences.
ReplyDeleteMy opinuon changed because everyone thought cavemen were stupid, but in the comic the cave man was smart and made weapons, clothes, cooking, and pillows. They're actually realy smart!
ReplyDeleteJt P.2
I did think cavemen were stupid, but now I realize that without them we really wouldn't be where we are today. They invented early ways to communicate. They figured out how to start fires, hunt and other ways to survive. If the cavemen hadn't figured out ways to survive the human race would have probably died off. On tv and in movies cavemen are portrayed as stupid but in some ways they were smarter than we are. they used every single piece of everything they could find as opposed to we take what we need and throw the rest away. For example they didn't just use the wood of a tree they also used the leaves for making beds and clothes. if they hunted an animal for food they used the bones to make weapons and the hides to make close and blankets. We should learn a lesson from the cavemen about conserving and recycling! PS. I wasn't at school on the day of this discussion so I went off of what I already knew.
ReplyDeleteJack M. P2
From Brandon W- I never thought that cavemen were really that stupid because we wouldn't have found out how to make a shere, fire, or coat. They would have either starved froze to death if they were not so smart. In fact they were the most successfull living species on Earth untill the meteor wiped out everything.
ReplyDelete@Landon- no credit. Take a look at Susie's or Jack's. That is what I am looking for.
ReplyDelete@Susie- Great additional comment! 3 points!
ReplyDelete@JT- Yes! Great job! You can always be more thorough with your answers (next time!) 12 points
ReplyDelete@Jack M. Great job even if you were not here! Actually, the first lesson of the unit in your book talks a lot about this. Please make sure you do go back and review. Great job, and I love your complete thoughts. Let's work on capitalization next time! 14 points
ReplyDelete@Brandon W. Good work. I liked how you supported your answer! 14 points
ReplyDeleteIn class i learned that cavemen were not very intellectual. So to survive they had to adapt by learning from their mistakes or hard way. For example if one caveman is trying to cook his food and sticks his hand in the fire, he will burn his hand. But the caveman learned from his mistakes and put the food or whatever he was eating on a stick and then cooked the food. That is what i learned in Social Studies.
ReplyDeleteAngel P.5
I thought cavemen were stupid because of the funny commercials on tv. After our lesson I learned that they were not stupid. They invented spears and they used animals for their meat and fur. They made clothing and tents. Thats what it showed in the picture. They made fire using two rocks making a spark and dry grass. They also made their own language. They did what they had to do to live otherwise they would have died. Sydnee B. period 6
ReplyDeleteI learned that cavemen are not as dumb as I thought they were. I now think they were actually smart for there time. They invented tools such as stone tied to a stick. They also invented fire. They had nothing to go off of. They had to use their own ideas to invent the stuff they made. Never believe in commcercials I guess.
ReplyDeleteWhen we learned about cavemen in class I was very surprised! I just thought they were really dumb like those commercials on tv. I didn't know they made fire and spears or clothing and tents. Their way of making fire was really unique. I didn't think 2 rocks would make fire. The cavemen even made their own language. That is awesome! I don't think I will ever be able to invent things as important as the cavemen did.
ReplyDeleteStephanie B. P2
After reading about cavemen in class I realized how good at survival they were. To be able to create fire by rubbing 2 rocks together is really smart. Then being able to fight off predators like sabertooth cat with a stick with a rock tied to the end is smart too. The smartest thing is that they used fur to make winter coats to keep warm. They were able to communicate and survive in "the wild" which led to humans like us.
ReplyDeleteAt first I did not think cavemen were smart at all. After learning about the The Old Stone Age and looking at that comic it changed my mind. They were very smart. I guess we woulnt have the technology we have today.
ReplyDeleteSadie p5
One way that my opinion of “cavemen” has changed, is that I now think of them more as “early humans” or “people of the stone age”. They remind me a bit of babies, learning by trial and error.
ReplyDeleteIn my opinion early people were like scientists. They tested many ways to figure out how to do something. In the comic strip we viewed in class, there was a caveman trying to kill a big cat. His first method was to poke the cat with a stick. That did not work so he tried additional methods until he found one that worked.
The early people were as tall as us and did not hunch over but stood up straight. Like wild animals, they had to hunt for food all the time, figuring out what was safe to eat and what was poisonous. Learning to survive as an early person was a hard life. Often times they suffered serious injuries. However they learned what plants they could use for medicine to help them heal.
Today people think of technology as cell phones or computers. However to the early people, technology was sharpened rocks or animal bones, anything used to complete a task.
I now have a new opinion of early people and how they existed.
Rachel P3
Stephanie you forgot to add that caveman had to hunt for food.
ReplyDeleteOlivia L p.2
@Angel- Great start. There is more to thsi answer, but I am proud of you! 8 points
ReplyDelete@Sydnee- Nice work! 14 points
@Trevor- There is more to this question, but I like where you are going. You are right, don't always beleive commercials. People are just advertising so you buy their product! 8 points
@Stephanie- Nice job. I love how you used complete sentences and thoughts! 12 points
@Spencer- Great job! Thanks for logging in 12 points.
@Sadie- You need to answer this with more detailed information from your own research or class discussion. Please come back and try again!
ReplyDelete@Rachel- AWESOME. You are an excellent writer and role-model! Keep it up! 15 points
@Olivia- LOL! Great catch! 3 points PLUS 5 POINTS for the dates :)
Before our lesson I thought caveman were dumb. Turns out they were a lot smarter thn we thought. Cavemen knew how to make fire and hunt for food and make clothing out for animal hide.They also knew how to make awsome weapons and sharpen them too and hide for safety just like our military do now. We learned how to servive from the caveman and were smarter because of them.They are not as dumb as we thought they were.
ReplyDeleteOlivia p.2
Sadie, you forgot to add that cavemen had to hunt for food using very little tolls, and that they learnedhow to make fire by using only two rocks. The cavemen then combined the things they learned and cooked the animals the had hunted using thier other invention-fire.
ReplyDeleteSusie P2
Olivia,you did a grat job, but another major thing they invented was how to make fire using only two rocks.
ReplyDeleteSusie P2
Good job pecer, but you also could have added that the cavemen combined thier two main inventions by cooking the food they had hunted for using the fire.
ReplyDeleteSusie P2
Jt... They also learned how to hunt and make fire using very little tools. The cavemen also learned how to make other tools and weapons using the resources they had.
ReplyDeleteSusie P2
@Olivia- AWESOME. Keep up the great work! 15 pts.
ReplyDelete@Susie- Great job catching all those! You are now a cave man expert! Another 8 points for you!